Increased revenues through agile development and roll out of TV streaming platform
Comcast Corporation is an American telecommunications conglomerate which is the second-largest broadcasting and cable television company in the world by revenue and the largest pay-TV company and home internet service provider in the United States. Comcast provides services to U.S. residential and commercial customers in 40 states.
Via brand Peacock TV, Comcast is building out a new streaming platform with growth accelerating across the U.S. They needed to scale up delivery across those territories to take advantage of demand. With the platform being acessible from multiple devices including iOS, android, web and Smart TV's they needed sofware engineers to scale up the development to enhance the offering to customers on a continuous improvement basis. They need developers who not only had knowledge of those environments but also of an agile way of working to develop and deliver software at scale in complex, large organisations.
We worked closely with the Comcast team to accurately understand and capture the business requirements, timelines and deliverables required in order to provide a fully managed solution. Identifying the correct individuals was a real challenge due to candidates with the right mix of sofware development, agile and large company experience being extremely rare within the market. However, target candidates were identified for a shortlist and video interviews conducted as part of the filtering process. Only senior consultants with a proven track record and who could also show a history of working autonomously and providing rapid value back into the business were approached.
A number of senior software engineers of the right calibre were recruited to fulfil a difficult demand for the business . The individuals were able to work autonomously and added value at a critcal stage of the program, whilst also faciliating the required knowledge transfer to other members of the team. They successfully launched the platform in several territories ahead of schedule, thereby significantly increasing revenues for the TV streaming services.
The challenge in short
- Large scale development and implementation of internet TV streaming service
- Combination of iOS, android, web and Smart TV skills required
- Agile working methodologies
- Experience of large, complex organisations needed
- Senior positions, to work autonomously
The solution in short
- Fully managed solution provided
- Business requirements captured
- Only senior individuals with skills mix and autonomous working were targeted
- Video calls to shortlisted candidates as filter process
- A number of software engineers brought on to the required timescales
- Working autonomously, provided value at a critical stage in the program
- Successfully launched in several territories ahead of schedule, thus increasing revenues.
Why Vine Resources?
For more than 15 years, we’ve been providing talent solutions for clients from fast growing start-ups to established brands, providing contract resources, permanent hires and project solutions.
Looking to hire? Click the button below to book a discovery call.