Freetrade is a challenger stockbroker that offers free share trading in mobile phones. With the company launching in 2018 their product offering to the market they needed to increase the headcount of their core mobile and engineering teams.
Due to the nature of this business not only as a challenger to the incumbents but also with very complex regulatory requirements, it was critical that the bar was set extremely high for the quality of candidates who would join the team.
Working together in partnership with Freetrade, we provided some feedback, guidance and process enhances to their recruitment process utilising their applicant tracking system (ATS). After agreeing on the target type of candidates to approach, we spent the coming weeks reaching out to candidates 7 days a week, creating conversations and moving the right candidates through the recruitment process.
After an extensive search and in-depth recruitment process, a candidate was selected with the technical calibre, values and culture fit that would make a great addition to the existing Freetrade team.
Like to find out how we can help you? Book a 15 min consultation with one of our team here.
The challenge in short
- New challenger company in the marketplace that was not known
- High-quality bar set for the quality of the hires
- Time-pressed to bring on board the right candidate due to the imminent product launch
The solution in short
- Went to the market to identify candidates from the target companies that set a high bar of quality
- Multiple different approaches to target the candidates 24/7
- Provided short list, set up 3 stage interview process including technical loop, onsite assessment and team meeting
- The candidate hired and started in time for their busiest period for the launch of the product