Vine Resources - providing a fast response when the business needs are critical
KPMG is a leading consulting and services company with 145,000 employees across 150 countries. KPMG combines a multi-disciplinary approach with deep, practical industry knowledge to help clients meet challenges and respond to opportunities.
KPMG needed a senior operations engineer for a key role based in Holland: providing infrastructure support and deployment for its global network. This new, business-critical position also included managing vendor partners and helping to ensure the smooth running of KPMG's global data centre operations for Europe, the Americas and the Asia/Pacific regions. However, local recruitment agencies in Holland failed to identify a single candidate over a 4-6 month period.
KPMG turned to Vine Resources for help. "We had good experiences using Vine Resources for previous IT recruitment assignments: the service was great and we enjoyed working together," explains Stijn Folkers, HR Advisor at KPMG.
Although headquartered in the UK, Vine has global capabilities and so finding a candidate for Holland was not an issue. However, Vine recognised that the right blend of skills required would be hard to find, but they love a challenge! The candidate also needed experience working for large organisations. The Vine team began an extensive search and soon found a stand-out candidate.
The candidate was working for another telecoms provider in Amsterdam on a 24-hour shift pattern. The regular business hours offered by the KPMG role was an added attraction. His CV was submitted, followed by a three-stage interview process and duly appointmented. The candidate and KPMG were delighted. "Other recruitment agencies couldn't find the right people - but Vine Resources could," adds Stijn Folkers at KPMG. "Vine Resources understand our business and are very open, honest and motivated to help. They deliver suitable candidates at short notice."
The challenge in short
- Senior operations engineer needed for this business-critical role
- Niche skills required, plus experience of managing vendor partners
- Local recruitment companies failed to find any candidates, despite searching for 4-6 months
The solution in short
- Vine Resources used contacts to quickly identify a highly-skilled, locally-based candidate, looking for such a role
- Managed the three-stage interview and negotiation process
- Both parties delighted with the outcome
- Suitable candidate recruited with the right experience
- Increased candidate motivation by what KPMG could offer, including an improved working pattern
- Timely appointment, making up for the 4-6 months already taken by the other agencies
Why Vine Resources?
For more than 15 years, we’ve been providing talent solutions for clients from fast growing start-ups to established brands, providing contract resources, permanent hires and project solutions.
Looking to hire? Click the button below to book a discovery call.