Recruiting senior staff via agencies - once bitten, twice shy?
Orange UK was a mobile network operator and internet service provider in the United Kingdom, now merged with Deutsche Telekom's T-Mobile UK to form a joint venture, EE.
Orange Belgium were looking for a Senior Programme Director to assist them with a new BSS product suite implementation. They were had previously outsourced the systems integration and it was a challenge to get them to understand the requirements of the business and deliver the solution. They needed someone to oversee the project internally, taking it end-to-end from design through to development, testing and delivery. Orange were unsure about using a recruitment partner as they had been burned in the past. A consultancy in Belgium had provided them with an unsuitable candidate and so they were reluctant to give commitment.
Through our extensive network, we found a suitable candidate who was a Senior Programme Director, and had worked closely with the same integrator in the past in a different country to manage a very complex BSS order management implementation. To ease their minds and get them over their initial reluctance, our solution was to bring the candidate over to Brussels for a face-to-face interview and subsequently offered for him to come out for a two-week trial. As part of that trial the candidate would put together research and present the company’s solution and roadmap for the next six months.
The candidate started his two-week trial and performed exceptionally. He became a key critical hire into the business and has since hit the ground running and added huge value to the company.
The challenge in short
- Senior programme director required for BSS implementation
- Needed complex skills to oversee the entire project
- Client were reluctant to work with a recruitment partner due to past negative experiences
The solution in short
- Deep dive to understand the requirements
- Used our candidate network to find a suitable person
- Candidate travelled to Belgium for face to face interviews and presentation
- Put candidate forward for a two-week trial to minimize the clients risk
- Candidate performed exceptionally during trail
- Subsequently hired and added huge value the company
Why Vine Resources?
For more than 15 years, we’ve been providing talent solutions for clients from fast growing start-ups to established brands, providing contract resources, permanent hires and project solutions.
Looking to hire? Click the button below to book a discovery call.