Three days, three CVs, three interviews... and the specialist role is filled
Vodafone Group plc is a British multinational telecommunications company. Its registered office is located in Newbury, Berkshire, England and its global headquarters is based in London, England. It predominantly operates services in the regions of Asia, Africa, Europe, and Oceania.
Vodafone required a billing process manager for a business-critical project to introduce Single European Payments Area (SEPA), the European Union's payment-integration initiative for simpler processing of bank transfers in Euros. The company needed a talented individual to join its team in Düsseldorf, Germany. However, the position needed filling within 72 hours as the 'go live' date was approaching fast
The Vodafone team in Germany called Vine Resources for help, having received a recommendation from a colleague. Crucially, Vodafone's project manager was able to attend a 30-minute 'discovery' call with Vine Resources, exploring and agreeing on a precise brief for the contract position - a consultative/partnership approach that always delivers great results. The assignment was received by Vine on a UK public holiday weekend. But, even so, the recruitment specialist worked to tight deadlines, finding candidates and flying out to Germany. Within 48 hours, three high-quality, German-speaking candidates were identified. Based on their CVs, Vodafone invited them all for an interview.
With just 24 hours remaining, Vodafone interviewed and chose their ideal candidate. Vine helped to negotiate his contract and the appointment was confirmed within the deadline. "At short notice, we were able to onboard an experienced professional," says Susanne Romanowski, SEPA Business & People Readiness Lead within Finance Programmes at Vodafone Group Services GmbH. "In summary, I'd describe Vine Resources as quick, personal and flexible. They had good response times, even on a public holiday weekend. Their single-point-of-contact (SPOC) also meant it was always the same person taking care of the recruitment process, end-to-end which was a great help to us."
The challenge in short
- Billing process manager needed for business-critical project
- German-speaking candidate with specialist skills required within 72 hours
- Selection process needed to start on a public holiday weekend
The solution in short
- Client discovery call key to success
- Consultative / partnership led approach
- Vine Resources found three candidates within 48 hours
- All three professionals accepted for interview, based on CVs
- Single point of contact provided a high level of service consistency
- Contract negotiation support also provided
- Public holidays did not delay the process
- Outstanding candidate appointed with 72 hours of the process commencing
- Client feedback - "I'd describe Vine Resources as quick, personal and flexible"
Why Vine Resources?
For more than 15 years, we’ve been providing talent solutions for clients from fast growing start-ups to established brands, providing contract resources, permanent hires and project solutions.
Looking to hire? Click the button below to book a discovery call.