Job Ad Copywriting Workshop
Attract better candidates and fill roles faster by improving the quality of your job ads
How good are your company’s job ads really?
Good enough? OK? Need work? Terrible?
If your ads are anything other than “brilliant” then they’re not good enough. Whatever role you’re hiring for, your job advertisement is one of the most effective tools you have in your arsenal to attract the most talented candidates to work for your company.
A job ad is a window into your company. It showcases your company’s personality, success, and dedication to its people. The quality of your ad will make or break a candidate’s decision whether or not to apply for your company.
Yet so many companies just continue to churn out job ads without thinking about the content or the message they want to get across. All too often we see companies of all shapes and sizes putting out ads that are nothing more than a long list of job requirements – frequently littered with spelling and grammatical mistakes – that don’t do anything to attract a discerning candidate.
The most important thing a job ad must do is demonstrate value. Your ad must tell each candidate what’s in it for them if they apply.
When you write job ads, are you:
- Distinguishing between a job ad and a job description?
- Injecting personality, creativity and even a sense of humour into your ads?
- Writing more than just a long list of job requirements?
- Demonstrating value for the candidate? i.e. what’s in it for them?
- Avoiding clichés like “dynamic,” “communication skills,” “hard-working” and “passionate?”
- Thinking about Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)?
- Making each ad a unique and compelling piece of content that will captivate your target candidate?
If you answered no to any of these questions, then you are not writing effective job ads.
One of the services we provide to our clients is our Job Ad Copywriting Workshop, in which you can learn the fundamentals of turning every job brief into an engaging and effective job ad.
Crafting better job ads will help you attract better candidates, fill roles faster, stand out from your competitors and improve your company’s brand perception.
Throughout the course of this workshop you will learn:
- How to structure an effective job ad
- The principles of compelling and effective copywriting
- How to turn even the most boring of job descriptions into a captivating ad that attracts top talent
- How to optimise your ads for Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- How to use ads to showcase your company’s personality
- How to avoid the most commonly-made job ad mistakes (including avoiding the worst clichés)
If you would like to arrange a no-obligation discussion to find out how you can improve the quality and effectiveness of your job advertisements, please get in touch.