Data Engineer / Data Modeler
|Job Title:||Data Engineer / Data Modeler|
|Location:||Amsterdam, North Holland|
|Salary:||Up to €0.00 per hour + negotiable|
|Contact Name:||Mark Crorkin|
|Job Published:||January 31, 2019 21:43|
Becoming data driven is a key pillar of the companies strategy.
The challenge is to process the enormous amount of data from multiple different systems and create usable insights. The business is currently improving it's big data / data lake environment and have set up a BI scrum team to deliver KPI dashboards, advanced analytics, explorative insights and predictive models.
Main task of the data modeling expert is to:
- Set-up enterprise / Consumer data model and data transformations within the data lake
- Collaborate with the broader the business: business users, analysts and other stakeholders
- Develop Data Dimensional modeling constructs
- Ensure data design follows the prescribed reference architecture and framework while reflecting appropriate business rules
- Understand the relationships across business information and units of data
- Ensure that data transformations are well documented follow best practices and understood by business users and developers
- Reverse engineer data from various source systems
You will work to set-up and improve the data lake environment. You add and integrate new data sources and you tweak the big data platform so that analysts can do their work in an optimal way. Since they work in scrum cycles you will be involved in engineering as well as testing.
- 5 plus years of Data Modeling experience
- Experience in Data Governance, Stewardship and Data Quality
- Business knowledge of telecom (systems) OR a you are a proven fast learner.
- Experience with Metadata Management and Metadata Products
- Experience with Hadoop platforms, preferably Hortonworks distribution and tools that comes along with it
* Self-driven on projects with provided requirements
* Hands-on pragmatic attitude
* Experience in working in short iterations (agile/scrum).
* Experience in data engineering
* Backend Data Work Experience.
* Data warehouse AND / OR Hadoop Hive Experience. Mainly on HIVE and Data Storage such as ORC, AVRO
* ETL and SQL Experience
* Experience in programming data handling tools (e.g. streamsets)