|Job Title:||Data Scientist|
|Location:||West London, London|
|Start Date:||Jan 2019|
|Contact Name:||Nick Fraser|
|Job Published:||December 05, 2018 14:05|
My client is a large Broadcast Media company, looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join a team working on technology projects around advertising.
The role will be focused around machine learning research and application to optimisation of advertising delivery. Your responsibility will be to explore the power of advanced machine learning technology to enhance the delivery of advertising.
- Conduct research in machine learning theory and its application to optimising the delivery of advertising campaigns.
- Use machine learning and large-scale data mining techniques to discover and identify hidden patterns in various types of data.
- Build and implement machine learning models and prototype solutions for proof-of-concept.
- Design experiments and A/B testing.
- Work closely with other data scientists and software engineers to translate prototypes into high quality production solutions.
- Take an active role in defining user experience and assisting business stakeholders to work out feasible solutions.
- Write technical reports about your research, your findings and their values to millions of users.
- Strong academic research background with MSc or PhD degree in computer science or related subjects.
- Strong working knowledge of machine learning models, optimisation, data mining techniques and inference algorithms such as decision trees, association rules, clustering, classification, regression, topic models, stochastic sampling, collaborative filtering.
- Demonstrated ability of applying machine learning models to real-world applications and services.
- Demonstrated ability of mapping business needs to solid machine learning and analytical solutions and engineering systems.
- Hand-on experience with machine learning modelling in distributed computing environments.
- Ability to build model and prototype software using any modern programme language, predominantly Python and Java.
- Ability to work as part of a team delivering top class results.
- Creative, innovative thinkers with outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
Non Essential/ Desirable Experience:
- PhD degree in machine learning, image processing, computer vision, natural language processing or related subjects.
- Strong academic publication record is a plus.
- Experiences with research and development of advanced advertising and campaign optimisation.
- Experiences with building neural networks, deep learning or reinforcement learning in real-world applications.
- Experiences with machine learning modelling using Spark, TensorFlow or any distributed computing language.
Candidates must be available to start from Jan 2019. Telephone interview followed by a face-to-face interview.