Developer - PHP / PERL / .NET
|Job Title:||Developer - PHP / PERL / .NET|
|Location:||Amsterdam, North Holland|
|Salary:||Up to €0.00 per day + negotiable|
|Contact Name:||Mark Crorkin|
|Job Published:||October 08, 2018 10:57|
They need a problem solver with experience on the virtualization of applications, .NET, PHP5 and Perl.
The client operates different data centers. In connection with a datacenter relocation that must take place later this year, they are virtualizing the applications on the last physical servers that are still in use.
1) Relocation of the Teledoc application
From a physical machine under Windows 2008 to virtual hardware running on (at least) windows 2012. Teledoc is an application written in PHP5 & Perl, so knowledge of these languages is necessary, specifically in combination with Windows. The infrastructure department will take care of providing the virtualized environments and your support is needed to adjust/rewrite/upgrade the application where necessary and with the end goal of ensuring the application runs. There is currently a DEV and a PROD environment for Teledoc.
2) Relocation / adaptation of various websites
Relocation/rewriting/upgrading of various websites that appear to be written in old .NET versions. This specifically concerns the CDRExcelOnline and the Staff Discount sites. The required knowledge thus concerns .NET code changes from version 1.x to 4.5. There are three CDR environments and there is one staff discount site.
- Like solving problems and fixing things. If we follow the classification made by sci-fi writer Neil Stephenson, then you are a honer and not a forger.
- Like to get high-level targets and then figure it out along the way. We will support you by putting you in touch with the right people, access to repositories, business representatives and by providing access to hardware, software and services you need.
- Like to work independently. There are no other developers you have to work with on the rewriting of a specific application. We expect you to be a 'lone hero' who solves this for us and who easily aligns with other departments to reach your goal.
- Are persistent and you don't stop until the job is done.
- Are pragmatic, precise and you keep your eye on the ball. The target is to migrate the applications to a virtualized platform, document the installation, store the code and artifacts and make it deployable. Any other improvement to the application is optional.
- Like diversity in your work. One moment you are working with business representatives to find out what the application aims to do and the other moment you're deploying code, checking access logs, talking to infrastructure engineers, DBAs and network engineers about why the application you've deployed does not function properly.
- Experience in virtualizing applications
- Solid experience with Perl
- Solid experience with PHP5
- Solid experience with .NET (versions 1.x to the latest version)
- You speak English. Dutch optional
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's