Technology & Internet
Engineering Manager - Mobile Apps
£75,000 - £100,000 plus benefits (Remote or onsite)
Want to join an organisation going through a growth phase as they move out of start-up into a more commercial product offering? You'll be building and evolving a patient care platform and real-time delivery and analysis of care notes already in use by thousands os user care providers in the UK and growing fast.
Reporting to the Head of Engineering you'll be responsible for the engineering teams and bring back good engineering practices, grow the teams and work to the product roadmap while being transparent and working within a sensitive data and regulatory environment. They are also currently moving from legacy Android/Java environment to implementing MVVM architecture in Android using Kotlin.
- Lead a team of highly skilled engineers (currently 3 growing to 6 initially) to deliver polished features on a consistent basis in a high pace environment.
- Re-establish best practices for mobile apps engineering and work closely with the Architecture to define the Model-View-ViewModel (MVVM)
- Ensure sure that the features are shipped optimally, and the product stays healthy once they hit production.
- Design, review, write and test code and provide coaching and mentorship to other members of the team
- This is a hands-on engineering role, and you will be directly involved in the design and development of new features, writing, reviewing and testing code
- Manage the on-call rota providing 24/7 support
*8+ years of hands-on software development experience
*2+ years of experience managing mobile app engineering teams (Android and IOS)
*Strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a remote team environment
*Attention to details - any code that makes it into the product directly impacts the lives of people being cared for
*Exceptional communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a remote team environment
*Experience with cross-platform technologies such as Flutter, Xamari and React Native and working in an agile environment is a plus but not essential.
Interest in the social care industry delivering better technology, saving providers time-consuming paperwork and the risk of medicine mismanagement.
This role can be remote or onsite in Hampshire office
Salary:£80,000 - £100,000+ per annum + Benefits
Job published:6 days ago