IT Infrastructure Architect
|Job Title:||IT Infrastructure Architect|
|Salary:||€400 - €500 per day|
|Contact Name:||Aaron Heera|
|Job Published:||November 14, 2018 19:41|
The IT Infrastructure Architect works closely with internal clients, project managers and sponsors, for the translation of the requirements into the design of the IT solution, processes and tools. The role requires participation in all project phases, from initial intake through maturation, execution and project launch.
· Analysis of the technical and financial impact of projects on the IT infrastructure and processes.
· Translation of the business and operation requirements into the IT infrastructure technical specification, roadmap and end-to-end & cross-technology architecture design.
· Collaborate with project managers, sponsors, technology teams and managers for the definition of the complete impact on our IT infrastructure; budget & planning and the provisioning of the solution as required by the project.
· Starting with initial high level design and estimate, through to the final detailed solution ready for provisioning (once the budget has been approved).
· Follow the internal and industry evolutions and road-maps, to ensure optimal IT infrastructure design, and to contribute to the IT infrastructure strategy and road-map.
3+ Year of experience in Architecture, with system engineering experience
Solid understanding of infrastructure, network and security is needed.
Understanding of cost analysis; impact on business cases and cost of a solution's implementation and year on year operation
Knowledge of the fundamental technical components, e.g databases, middleware, operating systems, servers, storage, etc.
Awareness of enterprise strength deployment techniques such as SAN, RAID, mirroring, Clustering, Virtualisation, Consolidation, Load Balancing, Cloud, to ensure solutions are available, performant and resilient.
Understand of the key infrastructure components; UNIX, LINUX, Windows, ORACLE, SQLserver, Apache, SAP, WebSphere. jBoss, Weblogic, VMware, Hyper-V.
This is initally a 6 month contract but the client is looking for a longer term engagement, English speaking role but French or Dutch is a plus