All Jobs > Apply
Network Engineers IP/Security
· Understand the business requirements and translate them into technical network solutions (capacity and functionalities), Support the budgeting and spend justification process (Bills of Material, network drawings etc.)
· Design and plan the Datacentre network in an optimal and cost effective way, according to company technical guidelines.
· Produce network engineering solutions and low level designs, bills of material, implementation & migration plans and documents taking into account all related network elements.
· Carry out network implementations and migrations and handover the new networks to Operations and to 3rd parties .
· Review and validate design and migration plans of consultant engineers.
· Fully competent in Technical design authority/architecture changes throughout the network delivery lifecycle.
· Creation & gathering of functional and non-functional requirements
· Approve final project deliverables and ensure project delivery on-time.
Problem and Compliance management
· Deal with major incidents in terms of Tier-3 escalations
· Provide root cause analysis on major incidents and follow up on corrective measures
· Discover and address systematic problems in the network design
· Liaise with the vendors for major incident and problem management
· Perform end to end testing of engineered solutions before the implementation takes place.
Mergers & Acquisitions
· Contribution to the Mergers & Acquisitions process in terms of technical assessments of the networks in question.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
Minimum 10+ years solid networking experience background.
7 years working experience with complex network designs/architectures
One or more relevant certifications desired such as CCNP, CCIE, CCSA, CCSE, etc.
Strong knowledge of Data Centres Designs with special focus on IP Networks, Security and Application Delivery Solutions.
Solid knowledge of Data Centres Foundation Systems and DTV back-end environments.
Strong knowledge and relevant experience in Cisco routing/switching technologies - ASR & Nexus
Strong knowledge of Next Generation Firewalls (e.g. Checkpoint, Fortinet, …)
Strong knowledge of Load Balancing Solutions (e.g. F5 BIGIP LTM & GTM, Radware, Alteon,…)
Strong experience of Software Defined Networking (SDN) - Cisco ACI
Knowledge of Cloud networking
Knowledge of network scripting / automation (Ansible, python)
Understating of Remote Access Solutions (Connectra, Citrix,.)
Good Experience with Unix Systems
Reversing engineer + Troubleshooting experience.
Ability to perform complex design analysis with a proven track record in problem solving
A strong overall understanding of the technologies and platforms specific to a large cable and telecommunications operator
Experience with writing Low Level Designs, Visio Diagrams,…
Fluent in spoken and written English
Good interpersonal skills, able communicator
Experience in multinational and multicultural environments.
Independent, confident and project-focused mind-set.
Bachelor degree in Information Technology or Computer /Electrical Engineering or equivalent industry experience
Rate:£0.00 per day
Job published:6 days ago