Network Manager / Transmission Manager - Dutch Speaking
|Job Title:||Network Manager / Transmission Manager - Dutch Speaking|
|Location:||Amsterdam, North Holland|
|Salary:||Up to €0.00 per day + negotiable|
|Contact Name:||Mark Crorkin|
|Job Published:||April 23, 2018 09:34|
The Transmission manager is part of the Management team within Network Operations and reports to the CTO.
Network Operations is responsible for the design, planning, construction and management of the Telecom infrastructure and associated IT environment in the Netherlands. Network Operations consists of a number of departments of which Transmission is one of them. The other departments are Network Services (responsible for service platforms such as telephony centers and media farm), Operations (responsible for the availability of the network, Delivery & Support (responsible for customer deliveries, project management, access management and the development of specific customer solutions).
Transmission is responsible for the various transmission networks. This includes the fiber optic network, xDSL network, microwave network, SDH and Ethernet networks and all network locations of the company. In addition, Transmission has a network IT department (NMS) which is responsible for the development of IT applications that interface between the network and the OSS / BSS systems.
Transmission's management team consists of 4 department managers, 1 supervisor for NMS and two technology architects.
As a Transmission manager, you translate the business objectives into team and individual objectives and you motivate the team to achieve the objectives. You ensure that the people in your team know what their contribution is to the strategy of the company. You guarantee high-quality output of the processes within your area of responsibility. You have a clear vision of your primary processes and you transfer them to your stakeholders. The customer is central to everything you do.
Strategy & Policy
* Executes Network Operations strategy.
* Gives input to departmental strategy (higher level)
* Uses and executes company policy within its own department
Annual Plan & Budget
* Drafting, monitoring and executing annual plan.
* Manages own (Opex and / or Capex) budget and gives input to budget for parent department
* Initiates projects within their own annual plan, writes a business case, submits an investment proposal if necessary and acts as a client for own projects
Organization & HR
* Define, measure and report on the performance of your department and relevant processes / systems. Use results for continuous improvement
* Implement and translate the general HR Policy
* Ensuring a qualitative staffing of department (s) through coaching, selection and personal development
Environment & Department
* Focus on operational, tactical and strategic performance of (external) suppliers
* Follow and incorporate developments within your field in the daily performance of your department
* Positioning your own department as part of the whole and creating awareness among your relevant stakeholders
Strategy & Policy
* Gives input on organization and product strategy
* Drafting, monitoring and implementing departmental policy for own departments
Annual Plan & Budget
* Defended budget at LT NL level
* Defended own projects in Reference boards
* Completed HBO or University degree (preferably in technical direction)
* At least 6 years of management experience in a Telecom / IT environment
* Preference: Experience with implementation of OSS solutions in a Telecom environment
* Knowledge of transmission networks is nice to have, but not necessarily necessary
* Demonstrable experience with financial management
* Communicate English & Dutch
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Network Support Technician
Enterprise IP/Network Solution Manager
€65000.00 - €95000 per annum + Bonus
IP/Network Solution Manager Telecoms
Düsseldorf (40549), Nordrhein-Westfalen
€70000.00 - €95000 per annum + Bonus
Enterprise IT Solution Manager
€65000.00 - €95000.00 per annum + Bonus