All Jobs > Apply
Network Service Engineer
You will be responsible for detecting and solving network problems that may have a major customer impact. The decisions that you will make therefore have a direct impact on customer satisfaction.
* Analysis of alarms and taking the appropriate actions on the basis of the applicable procedures.
* Follow-up of planned and unscheduled works.
* Ensuring monitoring of company services (fixed and mobile telephony, internet, TV).
* Monitoring the Company infrastructure (Technologies: HFC, TV, IP, Switching) and Technical buildings.
* Processing failures and ensuring the solution, either by solving the problem itself or by passing the problem on to the relevant support group, using the applicable procedures and rules.
* Follow-up of network-related "Trouble Tickets", internal as well as those of the cable company and other partners.
* Responsible for the correct dispatching of Operational Support groups or cable companies when an intervention from the SOC does not lead to a solution.
* First escalation point when the service is at risk or predetermined repair times are not met.
* As a problem solver to determine and evaluate the priorities of the problems. Here you can count on a number of internal procedures and rules.
* Follow up PLM activities (planned maintenance) and log feedback about this in trouble tickets.
* Find the connection between individual complaint and possible network problems.
* Is involved in the transition from incident-driven maintenance to more structural (preventive) maintenance by anticipating degradation of (network) elements, thereby increasing customer satisfaction with regard to service experience.
* Provide continuous feedback for all network and system problems to all Call Centers.
* Manage coordination of all incoming and outgoing triggers to Control Desk.
* Assisting 2 tier groups with a planned or curative maintenance.
* Provide proactive monitoring to prevent service or network outages
* Drafting documentation and work instructions for colleagues to keep them up to date, among other things, regarding technologies, products, ...
* Performing production and acceptance tests
* Independently carry out interventions on the Telenet infrastructure on the basis of the applicable procedures.
* Ensure cut-over management of new and changed service within a specialization domain (Focus area).
* Develop and keep up to date the related procedures.
* Bachelor (Electronics / IT / Telecom) or equivalent through experience.
* If educational level is not relevant, minimum experience in telecom of at least 3 to 5 years of experience is required.
* Affinity for processes and procedures.
* Has a healthy dose of assertiveness and persuasiveness.
* Good knowledge of English is required.
* Speaking Dutch is mandatory
* Problem analytical ability.
Are you a freelance Network Engineer looking for a new challenge?
If so, apply today for an immediate response!
Job published:13 days ago