Radio Design And Optimization Engineer
|Job Title:||Radio Design And Optimization Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Melania Della Valle|
|Job Published:||August 10, 2017 09:44|
You will be responsible for the Quality of the Radio Access network in its region ensuring that the Network performance, on regional level, meets or exceeds the pre-defined KPI's, and managing capacity by proposing upgrades and new sites or changes (antenna, parameters, features) to the network with the aim of improving the network performance.
You will be also responsible for the validation of new site candidates and manages coverage and capacity related issues.
1. Making use of the business expectations/requirements before doing business.
2. Managing network quality and lead own technical projects
- Ensures the Quality of Service of radio network and manage coverage and capacity at regional level while maximizing the cost efficiency.
- Validate the best candidate for a new site and provide the required RF settings (azimuth, tilt, antenna type, needed capacity) with the help of a radio planning tool.
- Provide the frequencies and radio parameters for sites and capacity upgrades which are ready to be integrated in the network.
- Analyze the site integration drive tests for all new sites that come on air to make sure that they are perfectly integrated in the network and perform as expected. Validate the acceptance of new sites: monitor the performance of integrated sites to identify possible network problems and recommend changes. Optimize radio parameters and antenna configurations to maximize network performance
- Frequency planning: Assign frequencies for new sites and TRX extensions. Make on regular basis regional retunes to optimize the current frequency plan.
3. Liaise with vendors and service providers
- Being in contact with operational partner, who implements Radio Optimisation requests
- Follow up on the delivered quality of outsourced activities.
- Lead the out tasked services in relation with Radio optimisation.
- Participate in negotiations with service providers or suppliers, evaluate RFQs
4. Coaching team members
5. Financial responsibility
- Providing cost-benefit analysis on requested site upgrades, optimisation works, Mobile Truck or new sites.
- Validating the use of power generators or high connection cost for new site candidates.
- Civil or Industrial Engineering in telecommunications with experience in radio (preferable optimisation).
- VoLTE - experience with optimisation of VoLTE services.
- At least 3 years relevant technical experience (radio optimisation and/or RF design) with knowledge of GSM and/or UMTS systems and subsystems.
- Basic financial skills (ROI, etc)
- Good knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Knowledge of Remedy, ASSET, Metrica, BO is an asset.
- Fluent in English. Dutch and/or French is an asset.
Are you an experienced RF Engineer looking for a new challenge? If so, apply today for an immediate response!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's