|Job Title:||Scrum Master|
|Location:||West London, London|
|Start Date:||Mid August 2018|
|Contact Name:||Nick Fraser|
|Job Published:||July 14, 2018 11:33|
My Client is a large Broadcast Media company looking for a Scrum Master to head a new Agile team working on a new greenfield project.
The project is surrounding media content delivery, taking content from suppliers and preparing it for delivery across various platforms.
- Facilitate the completion by one or more product development team's deliverables according to commitments made in sprint planning, proactively manage any blockers and escalate issues as needed.
- Champion agile practices and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Coach mentor and motivate team members to adopt and live agile principles of development.
- Promoting and facilitating Agile development principles in every suitable interaction.
- Management of impediments - Proactively identifying, analyzing and resolving issues with the potential to impact successful delivery of the project. Devising and driving contingency plans, where required, to minimize risks and avoid crises.
- Assure the timely transition of development work into production by fully engaging with stakeholders functions as part of a planned delivery
- Effective demand and resource planning, to assist availability of skilled resources according to project needs.
- Cost planning and performance monitoring - provision of high quality financial reporting to delivery manager. Tracking and adjusting forecast to identify commercial issues to be highlighted to the delivery manager.
- Collaborate with the Product lead and cross-programme teams to maintain a strategic product road map that identifies deliverables and milestones.
- Help the Product lead with prioritization and planning to the ensure return on investment is maximized and that regular releases achieve strategic goals that fulfill parts of the product vision.
- Collaborate with the Product lead to assist in the writing of user stories and establish and maintain a prioritized backlog.
- Experience of previous role as a SCRUM master.
- In depth understanding of Agile values and practices.
- Understand other processes and methodologies and can speak intelligently about them and leverage other techniques to provide value to a team/enterprise
- Solid understanding of software development processes and procedures, solid understanding of iterative development, incremental delivery and the value of metrics.
- Clear understanding of the value of commitments to delivery made by a development team
- Previous technical experience in a development, test or analysis role.
- Understand backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition.
- Knowledge and understanding of the atlasian tool set including confluence and Jira.
- Experience of Media or Broadcast Industry is essential.
- Experience of enterprise-scale java development projects.
- Experience of managing teams producing API services.
- Active participation in relevant technology communities (EG Meet-ups) * Recognised agile qualification, could include CSM or equivalent.
Candidates must be available in 4 weeks, interviews to take place over the next couple of weeks. Get in touch now to avoid disappointment.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's