|Job Title:||Scrum Master|
|Location:||West London, London|
|Start Date:||Mid August 2018|
|Contact Name:||Nick Fraser|
|Job Published:||July 14, 2018 11:33|
My Client is a large Broadcast Media company looking for a Scrum Master to head a new Agile team working on a new greenfield project.
The project is surrounding media content delivery, taking content from suppliers and preparing it for delivery across various platforms.
- Facilitate the completion by one or more product development team's deliverables according to commitments made in sprint planning, proactively manage any blockers and escalate issues as needed.
- Champion agile practices and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Coach mentor and motivate team members to adopt and live agile principles of development.
- Promoting and facilitating Agile development principles in every suitable interaction.
- Management of impediments - Proactively identifying, analyzing and resolving issues with the potential to impact successful delivery of the project. Devising and driving contingency plans, where required, to minimize risks and avoid crises.
- Assure the timely transition of development work into production by fully engaging with stakeholders functions as part of a planned delivery
- Effective demand and resource planning, to assist availability of skilled resources according to project needs.
- Cost planning and performance monitoring - provision of high quality financial reporting to delivery manager. Tracking and adjusting forecast to identify commercial issues to be highlighted to the delivery manager.
- Collaborate with the Product lead and cross-programme teams to maintain a strategic product road map that identifies deliverables and milestones.
- Help the Product lead with prioritization and planning to the ensure return on investment is maximized and that regular releases achieve strategic goals that fulfill parts of the product vision.
- Collaborate with the Product lead to assist in the writing of user stories and establish and maintain a prioritized backlog.
- Experience of previous role as a SCRUM master.
- In depth understanding of Agile values and practices.
- Understand other processes and methodologies and can speak intelligently about them and leverage other techniques to provide value to a team/enterprise
- Solid understanding of software development processes and procedures, solid understanding of iterative development, incremental delivery and the value of metrics.
- Clear understanding of the value of commitments to delivery made by a development team
- Previous technical experience in a development, test or analysis role.
- Understand backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition.
- Knowledge and understanding of the atlasian tool set including confluence and Jira.
- Experience of Media or Broadcast Industry is essential.
- Experience of enterprise-scale java development projects.
- Experience of managing teams producing API services.
- Active participation in relevant technology communities (EG Meet-ups) * Recognised agile qualification, could include CSM or equivalent.
Candidates must be available in 4 weeks, interviews to take place over the next couple of weeks. Get in touch now to avoid disappointment.