Security Architect / Engineer
|Job Title:||Security Architect / Engineer|
|Location:||Amsterdam, North Holland|
|Contact Name:||Mark Crorkin|
|Job Published:||March 29, 2018 21:10|
You will work on the Security elements of a software (salesforce) deployment and integration across 12 countries.
Telecoms experience is essential
This is a large programme of work and candidates will need to demonstrate experience of large, high profile projects they have worked on across multiple sites and borders.
* Enable business-to-security alignment and security by design as the Governance security model across all operations/countries
* Ensure that all security architecture and design models and implementations can be traced back to the business strategy, product roadmap, specific business requirements and key principles.
* Provide abstraction so that complicating factors, such as geography and technology religion, can be removed and reinstated at different levels of detail only when required.
* Establish a common "language" for Information and IT Security Engineering and Architecture within the business.
* Identify and specify security architecture and engineering requirements by evaluating business and product requirements; researching information security standards; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues; preparing cost estimates.
* Upgrades security systems by monitoring security environment; identifying security gaps; evaluating and implementing enhancements.
* Prepares system security reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing data and trends.
* Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
* Proactively identify technical solutions of both an open source and commercial nature and identify innovative ways to deploy these solutions to counter threats.
* Integrate tools and find potential security incidents through using scripting, databases and data analysis, parsing data, and log processing.
* Develop extensions and enhancements to open source tools to deliver new capability in detecting and responding to security threats.
* Acts as point of escalation for security incidents and leads investigation into incidents from a technical perspective.
* Ensuring availability, operations and documentation of digital forensics tools.
* Creating formal reports on incident investigations. Create management and operational reporting on a regular, scheduled basis
Preferred education / qualifications
University degree in Computer Science, Information Management, or related field
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Security Auditor (CISA), ISO 27001 Lead Auditor, ISO27005 Certified Risk Manager
MSc or Bachelor's degree in information security, computer science, engineering, or equivalent experience
At least one security certification such as CISM , ISO 27001, CISSP is required
Minimum 2-3 years of managerial experience; managing technical teams and driving technical efforts
Knowledge & Experience:
Security management experience in enterprise organizations and technical experience.
Experience with industry best-practice approaches to the design, implementation, operation and management of IT and Security systems (e.g., ISF, ITIL, COBIT, NIST).
Skills & Abilities:
An intelligent, articulate, consensus building and persuasive leader. Have a strong business acumen and technology knowledge, who can serve as an effective member of the Information Security management team. Able to communicate information security-related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical audiences.
Visionary leader with strong business acumen and a detailed working knowledge of information security technologies, practices, policies, and their application
Proven strong decision-making capabilities, with a proven track record of weighing the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and identify the most appropriate one
Demonstrated technical expertise in existing security and IT systems and an ability to keep pace with changing security and IT technologies
A great communicator in both written and oral communication
A clear commercial focus that is visible through value based management.
An ability to sit comfortably on multiple management teams.
A well respected team player with proven ability to contribute in a number of areas
A passion for quality and value in all that is delivered.
A no nonsense approach to getting things done
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Amsterdam, North Holland
Up to €2119 per hour
Up to €1 per day + Negotiable
Product Quality Engineer
Weilheim in Oberbayern (82362), Bayern
€75000.00 - €110000 per annum + Bonus
Network Service Engineer