Senior Project Manager
|Job Title:||Senior Project Manager|
|Contact Name:||Melania Della Valle|
|Job Published:||April 19, 2018 14:19|
You will focus on delivering the milestones on time by coordinating the initiation, analysis, design, implementation, launch and after-care phase.
You will deliver the projects on time, within budget and according to the required time scales so the owner of the project (Regulated Wholesale Manager) and other stakeholders are fully satisfied.
- The Senior Project manager is capable of managing specifiable implementations linked to regulated wholesales.
- The Senior project manager will have a set of responsibilities and is expected to take decisions required to lead the project to his end, meaning that he will not only apply the principle but also lead the project from a strategic point of view.
- The Senior Project manager will be given generic guidelines, and is expect to structure, lead, assist and inspire the project management roadmap and stream. He will take ownership of all operational issues related to project management and act as a second line of escalation.
- The Senior Project manager will be responsible for the implementation of very complex projects, involving multiple stakeholders across the company and externally, these projects will in most cases involve major changes on all the value chain.
- The Senior Project manager will be required to work in close collaboration with the manager of Partner Management, Operations and Billing, representatives of T&I, IT and regulatory and will mainly interact with senior management within the organization.
- Higher education / university
- Required previous professional experience
- Min 5 years of project management experience in telecommunications.
- Required technical & professional skills
*Professional expertise: Prince 2 certified or equivalent
*Managerial & organisational skills: manages processes and resources, goal setting & objectives, project plan, action plan, budget & cost control, clarifies roles & responsibilities
*Leadership: take ownership of projects, create a teamwork environment
*Analytical thinking and problem solving: identifies problems and tackles them in a logic, step-by-step way, takes sound decisions
Required interpersonal & communication skills
*Internal customer focus: understands the needs and priorities of the Management
*Relationship building: builds and maintains networks of business contacts in the company who will contribute to success
*Interpersonal skills: understands attitudes, interests, needs of others; understands non-verbal behaviour, moods and feelings of others; is persuasive, directive and assertive towards others; advises and challenges managers.
*Team work and co-operation: builds effective, co-operative relationships; builds effective teams committed to organisational goals; builds up positive team climate, mature attitude, encourages team members to coach each other, enhances interaction within the team; solicits input from all, invests time in others to build bridges and understanding; builds team spirit and a friendly working environment; deals with diversity.
*Communication skills: communicates in appropriate, clear and concise terms, checks for understanding while communicating; is structured and gives accurate and logical information in written reports, languages E, D, F
*Drive & results orientation: focuses on the delivery of targets, quality and deadlines.
*Structured way of working
*Team worker: can build highly motivated project teams
*Initiative and pro-activity: acts quickly and decisively to seize the moment, prepares for the predictable, thinking through all possible scenarios.
*Achievement and perseverance motivation: shows confidence and believes in his/her own capacity to achieve results and tackle problems.
*Organisational alignment: identifies with the company values, aligns actions and behaviours with the needs and priorities of Wholesale
*Flexibility and adaptability: has the willingness to accept changes and the ability to maintain effectiveness in a changing environment and within a variety of dynamic work situations.
Are you a freelance Senior project manager looking for a new challenge?
if so, apply today for an immediate response!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's