Systems Engineer Linux
|Job Title:||Systems Engineer Linux|
|Location:||Amsterdam, North Holland|
|Salary:||€1119 - €2119 per day|
|Contact Name:||Mark Crorkin|
|Job Published:||May 15, 2018 09:56|
The team are looking to continuously improve the current infra o.a. through further automation and the deployment of new technologies. In addition, building and expanding new platforms (including Docker, Elasticstack, etc.) and the use of (public) Clouds are part of your work.
* are able to work independently and systematically;
* Show initiative and works well with other teams and colleagues (team player);
* Have good communication and coordination skills;
* are enthusiastic, driven and clearly takes ownership;
* action and result-oriented;
* creative and researching;
* positively critical;
* At least 3-5 years of relevant work experience as a Linux engineer.
* Good communication skills in both Dutch and English language
* Experience within the Telecommunications industry is a plus.
Content / technological knowledge:
* In-depth knowledge of Linux (Debian, Red Hat and / or derivatives) is important
* good knowledge of shell scripting (Bash, Perl, PHP);
* experience with Puppet and Git for configuration management;
* services: Apache, Tomcat, Bind, Unbound, DHCP, MySQL, Percona XtraDB Cluster, Elastic Stack, Logstash
* security: Kerberos, LDAP, Radius, Linux ACLs
* general network knowledge (Firewall, Load balancers, routing)
* preferably affinity with Cloud solutions such as Azure, Amazon AWS, etc
* Bonus: Hands-on experience configuration of SAN storage (LUNs, WWNs, multipath, LVM, etc.) and storage management in general.