|Job Title:||Technical Architect|
|Contact Name:||Melania Della Valle|
|Job Published:||April 26, 2017 18:09|
One of the best known broadcast companies is now looking for a Technical Architect.
We're always looking to improve, developing pioneering products and services that give every one of our customer's experiences they'll love. And it's the work of our brilliant in-house Product Development and Technology teams that drive these award winning innovations, harnessing our creativity, technology and content. Join as a Technical Architect and you'll be part of a dynamic team that makes sure our technology delivers the best experience for our customers.
This role sits within the Set Top Box Software Development team, who are responsible for delivering the core applications on the box that our over 10 million customers use every day. This is a rapidly changing world where customers expect reliability, performance and an innovative user interface experience. Combined with a working environment geared towards rapid incremental and iterative delivery.
Your Key Responsibilities
We are looking for a Technical Architect with a track record of delivery and experience working with embedded software to provide technical leadership and support across all phases of STB Software Development. You will work with passionate delivery leads, architects, developers, integrators, testers and third parties across the company and with multiple suppliers in an agile and fluid environment that focuses on continuously delivering software that powers the finest TV experience.
- Supporting all phases of development from requirements, architecture and design through system testing, deployment, and post-deployment support
- Liaison with product / analyst teams and other stakeholder to agree the requirements
- Architecture Support for End to End System
- Set Top Box Architecture including external interfaces to other systems
- Identifying the technical considerations and constraints (e.g. interoperability)
- Liaison with internal and external supplier / partner Architects and other technical stakeholders to agree the design and understand the impact across software components
- Engaged in the development projects of other systems in order to assess the impact on STB software development - this will cover both technical due diligence and the operational aspects of development / delivery and integration.
- Provide technical expertise in delivery to support changes for specific releases
- Requirements clarification and liaison with product, analyst, integration and test teams to ensure quality of release
- Technical management (in support of the release leads) of vendors contributing platform components to software releases
- Drive memory and performance improvements / optimisations
- Work with QA, test and development teams to continuously improve testing coverage to capture issues and build in quality at the earliest stage possible
- Technical management of issues and risks
- Knowledge management / sharing (Confluence)
- Consideration of regulatory and legal considerations
- Quality control - technical focus on what is good enough for a release
- Experienced in the whole development lifecycle in order to contribute effectively to other's activities.
- Ability to cross skill with other architects
- Ability and willingness to share specific knowledge with Release Leads / Architects / Analysts / Integrators
- Excellent internal and external stakeholder and vendor management ability
- Ability to broker and influence decisions with major customer and delivery stakeholders
- Ability to build and evolve delivery tools and processes
- Pragmatic approach to technical delivery in terms of inclusion or exclusion of features around a time bound release schedule in support of release leads.
- Experience of Object Oriented design and development techniques
- Experience working with multi-threaded and multi-process embedded applications
- Professional coding practises and standards.
- Software architecture and design
- Programming experience C, C++ and Java are desired
- Use of simulators, compilers and debuggers is desired
- Excellent understanding of the Java Virtual Machine architecture
- Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS)
- Linux Kernel (threading models, memory management, file systems, drivers etc.)
- Experience with low-level APIs and associated stacks (IP, TCP)
- Excellent UNIX and Linux skills (administration, development, trouble shooting)
GNU toolchain (particularly makefiles and cross-tools)
- SCM and Config Management (Subversion and ClearCase)
- Defect management systems including ClearQuest, JIRA, Quality Centre
- Intimately aware of the entire software development lifecycle with experience of lightweight development processes
- Design methodologies and CASE tools (UML).
If you're an industry leader in this field and looking to take your career to the next level then apply today!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's