UI Architect - cable, satellite or telco industry
|Job Title:||UI Architect - cable, satellite or telco industry|
|Location:||Amsterdam, North Holland|
|Salary:||€550 - €650 per day|
|Contact Name:||Melania Della Valle|
|Job Published:||July 10, 2017 10:50|
My client is looking for an UI Architect who will be part of the "UI & Apps" team within the "Technology - Entertainment" organization. This team is responsible for customer facing video related UI's on different devices (CPE UI, Mobile, Web and applications for TV app stores). The CPE UI architect is the link between the product team / requirements and the developers and will participate in development. The UI architect will send approx. 50% of time on Java Script Development and 50% on UI architecture.
This individual is responsible the whole process coming to the CPE UI architecture. Starting with the backlog refinement process by providing input, alternative solutions, discuss details with product team and impact assessment. Followed by the defining the architecture for the new requirement, which should align with the overall E2E architecture and related back end systems. The defined solution must be maintainable, testable, easy deployable, applying to security rules, ready for A|B testing, Blue green deployment, support tracking & monitoring and fit overall time lines. Finally this person should take the lead in handing the solution over to the development team and validates if it is implemented as defined. Next to this individual will participate in the development to understand the structure of the code and how this will be impacted the requested features.
- Define & design UI components/Applications for CPE
- Align technical solutions with E2E architecture
- Attend and provide input in backlog refinement sessions
- Discuss requirement details and alternative solutions with product team
- Evaluate new technologies / products
- Execute proof of concepts (POC)
- Provide input to vendor / technology selection
- Monitor new development related to front end in the market
- Take the lead in defining process for build, unit testing, coding guidelines & code review
- Monitor if the ongoing developments are in-line with the defined architecture.
- Take the lead in aligning the defined architecture with the developers
- Participate in development
Hard skills & Experience:
- Experience with UI development in the cable, satellite or telco industry
- Experienced in UI animation and graphic programming technologies
- Experience with version control software (e.g. Git, Gerrit)
- Comfortable working in an agile scrum environment, issue tracking
- Understanding of content protection (DRM), streaming protocols, network capabilities, web security
- Familiar with Set top Box platforms covering (e.g. DVB, streaming video, CAS, DRM, …)
- Familiar with STB middleware technology; RDK, CI+, Hbbtv, IPTV, Video Back-office systems and TV-Apps.
- Familiar with Audio and Video coding/decoding technologies
- Familiar with Linux, Nginx, Node.js
Apply now for an immediate response!