|Job Title:||Unix Engineer|
|Location:||Amsterdam, North Holland|
|Salary:||€400 - €460 per day|
|Contact Name:||Melania Della Valle|
|Job Published:||July 05, 2017 15:11|
- To be responsible for installation/de-installation, configuration, maintenance and repair of systems and software.
- To respond to customer requests/incidents and troubleshoot hardware-software problems.
- Operational support - respond to all situations in accordance with the Company's procedures.
- Analyse, troubleshoot and react to issues promptly and professionally.
- Ensure the quality of the deliveries.
- Administration - contribute to the overall administration of the environments. Troubleshoot and assist in the maintenance of all systems
- Support in managing and deployment of new tools to improve ways of working and overall efficiency
- Ensure the Company is adopting and implementing best practice in systems & infrastructure
- Support the design, build of new systems
- Produce documentation and use any appropriate means to ensure effective communications of systems, processes and procedures to both internal and external parties
- Keep updated on related/evolving standards & technologies to maintain technical excellence in your area
- Comply to standards of physical security, capacity planning and other related industry standards
- Record and maintain accurate incident and change records and logs
- Proactively detect and report to management any operational threats
- Ensure the operational availability of the systems and infrastructure
- 2+ years of experience with IT, preferably in a Telco/Cable Operator environment
- 2+ years proficiency administering Unix & Linux Operating systems (Solaris 10 & ll, RHEL 5/6/7, OEL 5/6/7)
- 2+ years proficiency with installing operating Systems including Solaris, RHEL Linux and Oracle Enterprise Linux
- 2+ years proficiency of Virtualization Tooling including Oracle Virtual Machine, Solaris LDOM's & Zones
- Awareness of security, hardening and patching
- Awareness of Logical Volume disk management (Solaris Volume Manager & ZFS)
- Effective time management, communication and organizational skills
- Strong inter-personal communication skills, must be flexible and team player whilst retaining the ability to be self-reliant and work unsupervised
- Must be able to learn new technologies and techniques quickly - often without formal training
- Must have a very high level of self-motivation
- In possession of a valid EU work permit, preferably already living in the Netherlands
- Good command of the English language - other languages are a plus
- Flexibility in working hours
- Optional skills would include: VMware, Oracle engineered Systems, Veritas Volume manager
- Proven track record of technical project delivery
- Ability to create high-quality documentation
- Experience across a range of Unix/LINUX disciplines
Please, apply today for an immediate response.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's