Video Integration Engineer
|Job Title:||Video Integration Engineer|
|Location:||Amsterdam, North Holland|
|Salary:||Up to £0.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Mark Crorkin|
|Job Published:||April 02, 2018 20:16|
Participate in early phase of projects, preferable in the development phase to take the opera rational needs in to account.
Gather and analyse data to establish operational requirements
Work directly with decision makers and end users to understand, define, and document current and possible future reporting goals, needs, and requirements
Collaborate with technology team members, end users, and other stakeholders to ensure smooth on-boarding into Operations
Identify trends in the service monitoring tools/dashboards and baseline KPI's.
Prepare/consolidate the operational and technical Knowledge Base Management system including WiKi etc
Prepare Event Management (Monitoring & Healthcheck) work instructions
Prepare Incident Management and Diagnostic work instructions
Change/Deployment/Warranty technical validations and aftercare work instructions
Deliver Job Scheduling Management (Housekeeping) system and associated monitoring
Platform Operational Testing & Acceptance
Application & Software Acceptance
Software Requirements: All Software called out as a requirement during IA has been set-up and configured.
Hardware Requirements: All Hardware called out as a requirement during IA has been delivered, set-up and configured.
SOX CI's: If the project is introducing or modifying any SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley) CI's then these must be highlighted as such on the CMDB Update Request form to ensure they are marked as being a SOX CI.
Load & Performance testing:
Operational Readiness Acceptance:
Ticketing Tool: Any new product(s) / service(s) and associated profiles must be setup correctly in the relevant tool allowing full support.
Operational tools: All Impacted Operations tools as called out during HLR, DBR and IA have been updated and tested.
Training as called out in the IA has been provided along with supporting material.
Monitoring: Any new systems/devices being introduced as part of the project need to be integrated into the monitoring tools used by Operations with the correct priority and alarm criteria.
Management Connectivity (Access): Operations must have the relevant access to any new or changed systems.
Reporting: Any new or amended reports have been developed & delivered.
3rd Party Vendors Operating Model & Funding
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
· Strong analytical skills and the ability to see at both the helicopter view and focus on detail.
· 3-5 years+ experience in Telecoms/ISP/TV and solid understanding and working knowledge of the OSI Model
· In-depth knowledge of Linux and cloud technologies [aws, kubernetes, docker etc], certification is plus
· Proven ability/experience working in a multi layered international matrix organization having people with different cultural backgrounds
· Fluent in English (verbal & written) and preferable 1 other European language.
· Knowledge of Apache Web Server Administration and Oracle database Administration [certification is plus]
· Experience with at least one type of Java application environment, e.g. JBoss, Tomcat, Websphere.
· Strong and dynamic individual, with the ability to thrive under pressure
· Solid awareness of production operational processes, preferably to ITIL level (certification not required)
· Exposure to and understanding of Internet, TCP/IP Systems and Protocols, and Unix based systems
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's